Welcome to the Living Healthy Show! In this Living Healthy Moment episode that Denine Rogers MS, RDN, LD, FAND gives enlightening knowledge about Raspberries! Click the You-tube link above and check out the delicious Raspberries Recipe below from Eating Well - Apricot-Raspberry Flaxseed Crisp Recipe. So, watch, learn and enjoy!
Let me know your comments, suggestions and thoughts about the Living Healthy Show! The purpose of the Living Healthy Show is for all of us to educate, inform and promote a discussion about what ways that we can start Living Healthy!!
So Enjoy and Start Living Healthy Today!
Subscribe to the Living Healthy Show You-Tube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/c/Livinghealthy1Org
Special thanks to Blake Livingston - Producer of Living Healthy Show - email@example.com
o, watch, learn and enjoy!
Apricot-Raspberry Flaxseed Crisp Recipe
Ingredients: 8 servings
• ½ cup fine- to medium-grind flaxseed flour
• ½ cup white whole-wheat flour
• ¼ cup granulated sugar
• ½ teaspoon kosher salt
• 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
• ½ teaspoon lemon zest
• 2 tablespoons olive oil (not extra-virgin)
5 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Pinch of kosher salt
1½ pounds fresh apricots, cut into quarters (about 4½ cups)
3 cups fresh raspberries
Prep: 30 mins
Ready In: 1 hr 20 mins
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat an 8-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking spray.
2. To prepare topping: Combine flaxseed, whole-wheat flour, ¼ cup sugar and ½ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Work in butter and ½ teaspoon lemon zest with your fingers until well combined. Stir in oil.
3. To prepare filling: Combine sugar and zest in a large bowl. Rub the zest into the sugar with your fingers. Stir in flour and salt. Add apricots and raspberries and gently stir to combine. Scrape into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the fruit.
4. Bake the crisp until golden brown in spots and the juices are bubbling, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve warm.